Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camping








We went camping last weekend with my parents. The boys had so much fun! Jaden loved playing in the water and fishing. I was only able to get a few pictures since the battery in my camera died. Jaden even slept in the tent with Brandon. While Jaxon and I slept in the trailer with my mom and dad. Jaxon woke up in the middle of the night and just screamed for about 2 hours. But for his first camping trip he did pretty good. At first he had a hard time getting used to the rocky, uneven ground. he had a few good face plants he's a tough kid though he got right back up and went on his way. One time he fell down and ate some dirt he didn't like that to much. We were able to see a deer, a wild turkey and her baby's. And on the way home we saw a porcupine. It was pretty cool its the first one that I've ever seen. I passed it and then I had to back up to see what it was. As i got a closer look I could tell is was a porcupine I started telling Jaden what a porcupine was how they have sharp quills or I think I called them thorns or something anyway I shouldn't have told him that because then he was scared and didn't dare get out and see it. So i picked him up and It was staring right at us so then I was getting a little nervous. I was thinking "If he's feeling threatened he's going to charge after us and and were going to get stuck with his quills" so I hurried and got jaden in the car and we just watched him from inside the car (I felt much safer) I wish so bad that i could have gotten a picture. We were so close to him I could have touched it. Anyways we had a great time camping and can't wait until we can go again.
Last night I was watching t.v. And when Brandon got out of the shower I heard him say "Jaden what are you doing?" so I was like oh great what did he do. Brandon came in and said "Did you see what Jaden did" I was like "no" "I don't want to know" Brandon made me go see what Jaden had done. I was relieved when i saw all of Brandon's shoes, and my shoes all lined up in our room. Speaking of shoes I just had to say how sad I am that Jaxon is missing one of his shoes. It just happens to be one of my favorite pair a cute little slip on camouflage shoe. I'm about 95% sure that Jaxon threw it away. Lately he's been throwing everything away. It seems that he's been trying real hard to throw away his squeaky shoes I found one in the garbage and Brandon found one in the garbage. He threw away the plug that goes to the tub, lots of toys that I didn't bother digging out, sippy cups, clothes. Just about anything he can get his hands on. Well I guess I've rambled enough I better go get something done.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

How fun! I like the pic of Jaxon with dirt in his mouth, he's a true camper:) That sucks that Jaden is throwing things away, Kennady and Shane have both done that a few times, once it was my keys and unfortunately I had cleaned the fridge out that day. Yuck! Gotta love kids:)

Susanna said...

Happy Birthday Cass! Hope you're having fun:)