Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th of July :)





Hooray We just celebrated my favorite holiday the 4th of July. The boys and I went to delta. Anyone from delta knows that the 4th is a big deal there. They have the parade, the activities at the park, the demolition derby, and then the fireworks. So we were all excited Jaden was so excited to go to the parade and see the horses, airplanes, the fire trucks, and get lots of candy. So as we were all heading to the parade we had a little problem. My mom, sister and her kids all got in there car and left. As me and the boys were pulling out of the drive way I remembered that I had to grab a couple plastic bags for my nephews (who were meeting us at the parade)They had to have there bags to put there candy in. so I ran inside and got the bags came back out and the car doors were locked. I put the boys in there seats but didn't buckle them in. one of them locked the doors. But i was like well Jaden can unlock them. So i told him to unlock the door. well he kept pushing lock lock lock. All he needed to do was slide his finger over and push the unlock part. Well he wasn't understanding. so after about 10 min I didn't know what to do the boys were crying luckily the a/c was on so they weren't sweating to death. So I called my mom and she walked home. By the time she got there a neighbor was there he had a wedge in the door and a hanger trying to unlock the door. He wasn't having any luck and Jaden still couldn't figure out how to unroll the window or unlock the door. So my mom went in and called the lock smith who was out of town. So she called Sahara Moters and no one answered. So then we really started to panic everyone was at the parade so who was going to come and help us. Meanwhile the boys were just screaming. So my mom decided to call 911. So They said they would send someone over. Just as me and my mom walked out the door we heard everyone cheering. Jaden had finally unlocked the door. Some how my sister had calmed him down and got him to unlock the door. so my mom had to go call 911 back and let them know that we didn't need help. It was an experience that I'll never forget. I knew that we were going to find a way to get them out but seeing my boys in there just scared to death screaming and not being able to do anything was a horrible feeling. I think I've learned my lesson no matter how big of a hurry I'm in I'm going to make sure my kids at buckled in there seats before I do something else. Anyways the rest of the day was pretty fun. We actually got to see some of the parade and get some candy. Then we went to the park and Jaden got to ride a horse. and see some live fish They had this big thing of water with all these trout swimming around and they let people get in and catch fish with there hands. It was really weird I thought it was sad too like half the fish were just floating there dead. so they had to blow a whistle and everyone had to get out so they could get the dead fish out. And what ever fish you caught you got to put in a plastic bag and take home. It was so weird Jaden liked seeing the fish though he thought it was cool he wanted to get in and get a fish so i had to tell him that most of the fish were dead. Anyways I'm skipping that part next year. so after the park we went to a matinee we want and saw Wall-e I wasn't to impressed with it. It doesn't compare to any of the toy story's or finding nemo. Then we went home and hung out until it was dark and then we did fireworks. It was a pretty good 4th of July. And I can't wait until next year.

this picture is of Jaxon just after we got him out of the car. He was still kind of sad. The rest are just of the kids getting candy at the parade and Jaden riding the horse

1 comments:

Susanna said...

Oh, that is so sad and scarry. But is sounds like the rest of your day was fun, good ole Delta. That fish tank does sound weird. Our 4th was kind of a dud. We planned a day the beach just like millions of other Californians that day...It was packed with Mexicans so we just went home. We were planning to go back for the fireworks at 9 but Shane fell asleep at 8 so we called it a night. Pretty lame, but oh well. Glad you had fun!