Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting up to date

Wow I feel like alot has happened since i last updated. I guess I'll begin with Christmas. We had a pretty good Christmas The boys were so excited to open there presents. Jaden had to jump up and down after he opened each of his. And Jaxon had fun tearing off the wrapping paper and his new elmo toy. actually I think we all loved his elmo. except maybe brandon he was kind of getting sick of hearing it. Anyways so we opened presents and then went to my sisters and ate some ham and prime rib and played some guitar hero. We had a whole band going on two people playing guitar a singer and a drummer. It was pretty fun my dad even showed off his awesome guitar skills. But the best part was when me and Nikki decided to take pictures of everyone. I haven't laughed that hard in a looong time. It was so funny watching every one's face's you really had to concentrate if you missed to many note's then you messed it up for the whole band. So after some guitar hero we went home and hung out with Brandon's mom and dad for a bit so all in all it was a pretty good Christmas. Then we had New Years I had to work New Year's day but new years eve Me and the boys went to my sisters again to play more guitar hero and eat lost of good food. Now for an update on Brandon his ribs seem to be getting a little better each day. But he's still unable to lay down so he sleep's in the recliner. He was getting constipated from the medications he was taking so he took some ex lax and after that he had the runs (I hope he doesn't get mad that I'm telling all this) Then his feet were still swollen and he had been really bloated and gassy. His stomach looked really swollen or bloated I was gong to take a picture but he didn't like that idea so much. So on Monday morning he went to the doctor for a check up. We didn't think it would be a good idea to try and take the boys so Brandon drove him self there. Well at about 9:00 he called and said that the bloating that he was having wasn't normal so the doc sent him to the hospital for some ex-rays. But the doctor gave him a prescription so he wanted me to go pick it up so that he would have it when he got home. So I decided to go get his prescription and run a few errands I dropped the boys off at nikki's so that i could be a little bit faster. I had just picked up his prescription when I got a phone call from the hospital they told me that Brandon had gotten his ex-rays done but they were sending him to the ER and he wanted me to go there. That's all the dude said so the whole way there i was like what is going on. I finally got there and Brandon was in the room crying. So i was like "what's gong on?" And he knew as much as I did. He got the ex-rays done and then they sent him to the ER. So we just had to wait for the doctor to come and talk to us. ( I love how they take there sweet little time) So the doc finally came in and told us that He had a bunch of blood around his lung and that they were going to have to put a tube in his chest and drain it out. So then we had to wait for like another hour and a half for the doctor to show up. (He was at the dentist) So he finally showed up and told us that on top of having a bunch of blood around his lung he also has cerosis. It effects your liver and is caused from drinking to much. In a way that was a really good thing for Brandon to hear. He now knows that his drinking has to stop. If he stops drinking his liver can repair its self. It won't be as healthy as it should but it will be in better shape then its in now. So were all just hoping and praying that he can do what ever it takes to stop drinking. Ok so back to the blood that's around his lung. The doctor explained that he was going to cut a hole in brandons side and stick a chest tube in there and it was going to suck out the blood. They let me stay in there and watch I was on the other side so I didn't see them cut the hole but I saw the most blood that I have ever seen. when they cut him open the blood just started pouring onto the floor then they got the tube in and it started filling up these containers. He lost 4 1/2 pints of blood ( I can't remember if it was pint's or quart's but it was ALOT of blood the most that the doctor has ever taken out of anyone) After they got the blood out they did another ex-ray and saw that his lung collapsed. His lung was squished from all the blood. So that brings us to where were at today. He's been given more blood and his lung has inflated a little bit, he still has the chest tube in since he's still draining out some blood. Hopefully they take the chest tube out tomorrow. And his lung if it doesn't get better on its own they have to do surgery and put something down his throat and blow his lung open. Hopefully they don't have to do that but i guess will do what ever we have to so he can come home. Me and the boys are really missing him and we want him to hurry and come home. I hope something good comes out of all of this. They say what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger. I have to thank everyone for helping us get through this. We have the BEST family and friends in the world. I really don't know what we would do with out you all. I don't want to end on a sad note so I have to tell a story about Jaxon I think he's going to be a chef when he's older. He gets the pots and pans out and puts them on the stove and then gets a spoon and pretends like he is stirring something. today I heard him getting into the pots and pans. But i was watching my show so I was like oh big deal he can play with them for a little bit. So when my show was over i went to check on him and he was still in there "cooking" Then i looked in the pot and he had put some cookies and a half of a pop tart in there. So I had to get a picture of him and what ever it was that he was trying to make. Oh my I had no idea it was 2:22 a.m. I better wrap this up. I'll keep you all updated on Brandon and here's some pictures of Christmas, and chef Jaxon.























3 comments:

Susanna said...

Cass! You've been busy! That's bad news about Brandon, it all sounds awful. How scary to lose all that blood and cerrosis so young! I hope he can get better soon. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas, I love the pictures of your dad playing guitar hero, and I bet Nikki is a great singer...She could always get the most cows;) Your boys are too cute! Jaxon is getting so big, how nice to have a chef in the family. Tell Brandon we hope he gets well soon!

Becky said...

Wow! I'm so sorry, Cass! You must be way stressed! Let me know what I can do to help-I can take the boys if you need a break. I know you have a lot of family here helping you but I'm not doing anything and at home so don't hesitate to call. (although we're moving to St. George in February, so you better take advantage of me now!)

Becky said...

Savannah has a birthday invite for Jaden that I haven't gotten to you yet! I want to make sure you know that he is invited and I'll hopefully drop it off today! (this Saturday 1-2pm)