Friday, July 23, 2010

3 weeks of vacation

I've had the last 3 weeks off work. So we have been pretty busy I tried fitting in as much as I could into 3 weeks. My first week off we celebrated the 4th of July in Delta with my family. We got up and went to the parade and Then went to my moms house and let the kids play in the water and had our traditional BBQ. I was thinking about taking the boys the the derby (I haven't went for at least 6 years) so I wanted to take the boys. But i guess the derby is a pretty big thing I guess you had to get your tickets in advance this year and they sold out like a week or two before the 4th. So maybe next year we can go. Then we ended the night lighting fireworks and watching the city fireworks. It was another great 4th. Then we spent some time in Salt Lake visiting Brandon (I think that the few people that read my blog already know whats been going on with Brandon)If someone has been left out then e-mail me and I can get you up to date) Then we celebrated my birthday. I spent part of the day in Salt Lake I took the boys shopping with me to the mall. That didn't last to long. I didn't have a stroller for Jaxon and Jaden just couldn't hold his bag anymore it was to much pressure. So I think we were only there for maybe an hour. Then we went to delta and I took the boys swimming at the pool. I'm sad that every time we went swimming I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any pictures for that. After our trip to delta and salt lake we headed home for a few days cleaned the house, did some more swimming and then we went to Hatch for the Heap family reunion. The boys had a blast playing with all there cousins. Jeff and Ashley were in charge this year. They did a great job they had a little carnival set up for the kids. And the talent show (I didn't have my camera for that either) Jaden was the performer from our family. Most of the kids got up and did a dance they had been working on. We heard that Dynamite song probably a 100 times. But Jaden didn't want to dance with the rest of the kids. He wanted to do the "robot" by him self. After the reunion we went back up to Salt Lake to see Brandon one more time before I had to go back to work. We also had a pre birthday party for Jaxon. I have to give a HUGE thanks to Camille. She made sure that we had a good time. She took us to the Mayan its a restaurant that looks like your in a jungle and every half hour they have people do tricks and dive into the water. Its pretty cool the boys loved it. Then we went and spent a couple hours visiting with Brandon. The next day we went to a splash park it was a good and fun way to cool off. After that we went to Chuck E Cheese and had a party for Jaxon. My camera was dead by the time we got to Chuck E Cheese so no pictures for that either. The kids didn't understand the ticket thing though. Jaden would leave his tickets and just couldn't stop playing games to go get his prize. But they still had fun. And Jaxon really got into the games. Literally he got into the game. We noticed that we hadn't seen Jaxon for a while so we went looking for him and his aunt Natalie found him stuck in a game. He climbed into this big shoe and couldn't get out. When Natalie found him he said " can you help me get out? I'm stuck in this big shoe" Poor little guy he ripped his shorts trying to get out. Oh well they had fun and thats all that matters. Thanks Camille and Natalie for giving him a birthday party. Then we spent the night in Delta and headed back to cedar the next morning for Another Birthday party for Jaxon. Thanks to Rochelle for making him a cake. We had a water gun/balloon fight and had some cake and ice cream. We had another fun day. With only 2 more days of my vacation left I'm sad but also happy that we got to do alot of fun things. Tomorrow is the 24th of July so maybe we can have one more great day. My mom is going to come down and help me can some pickled beets. And hopefully My sister will have her baby. Well I think that brings me up to date. Ta Ta for now.



















Ok so the pictures are all out of order and I don't have Jaxon's birthday pictures uploaded yet so that will have to be on another post along with Jaden's t-ball. Oh and Thanks again Camille for cutting my hair and takeing pictures for us. Ok i really have to go now.

4 comments:

Susanna said...

Cass, I LOVE your hair!! You look so pretty in all the pics! It sounds like you've had a fun vacation and lots of birthday parties!! Who knew the Delta Derby would sell out weeks in advance? Crazy!

Susanna said...

We are thinking of coming August 9-16th. Those dates aren't set in stone, but those are the dates that Jaren is planning to get work off for. I can't wait for Nikki to have her baby, keep me posted, I'm so excited for her and I hope the VBAC goes well!

Polly Blevins said...

Your hair looks great! You are so beautiful. I like your family picture. I love family pictures. Happy birthday to you and Jaxson. Back to the grind again.

Becky said...

lol-that's the first thing i noticed too. LOVE your new haircut!
Sorry your vaca time is over. I bet you enjoyed having some time off:)