Monday, November 24, 2008

My salt lake trip

This weekend I went to Salt Lake with my parents and sisters. My dad had an EMT convention up there and had a free Hotel room. So its become a tradition that me and my sisters go up there and go Christmas shopping. (while my dad is at his conventions all day) So my sisters and I drove to delta on Thursday and picked up my mom and then headed to salt lake. We stayed at the Shilo Inn (I don't recommend this Hotel)this is the second year that we've had to stay there. The first year I was the only one who went and we stayed at the Grand America Hotel it was the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed at. well the next year we stayed at the Little America it wasn't as nice as the Grand America but it wasn't bad. Then the last two years we've had to stay at the Shilo Inn. Let me just say that hotel needs a lot of improvements. First of all there were no parking spots. They probably have like oh 900 rooms and about 40 parking spaces. So the last night there we had to pay 8.00 to park across the street. Then there shower sucked, the water just trickled out of the shower head. And you had to wait about 10 min for the water to get warm, There Hot tub was broken, The wireless Internet didn't work, And the remote didn't work. But i guess I can't complain since we stayed there for free. And we still had a good time. I took my camera but didn't even take any pictures until our last day when we were heading home. There was just so much to do and not enough time to do it in. But we did make it to the Gateway, Modern Display, Cabellas, Trolley Square, and Target. And I'm very Happy to say that I got most of my Christmas shopping done. I think we all had a great time and I can't wait until next time. Oh and I have to thank BECKY and ROCHELLE for making it possible for me to go. They watched my kids while I was gone. You guys don't know how much I appreciate that. Here's the few pictures that I got. I took some on my cell phone but i don't know how to put them on here so these will have to do.









Cool I got the pictues off my cell phone to work there not the best quaility but I think there cool because we were by the fountains



2 comments:

Susanna said...

How fun! A shopping trip with no kids!! I'm jealous that you almost have your Christmas shopping done. Lucky!! My Mom, Jana, and Darb are coming out here today and I'm sure my mom will want to do some shopping. Can't say that I'm too thrilled about the idea of spending time at the mall, but it will be nice to get a few people checked off my list. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.